THE CONSTITUTION OF THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN
1. The Republic and its territories.
2. Islam to be State religion.
3. Elimination of exploitation.
6. High treason. PART II Fundamental Rights and Principles of Policy
7. Definition of the State.
9. Security of person.
10. Safeguards as to arrest and detention.
10 A. Right to fair trial.
11. Slavery, forced labour, etc., prohibited.
12. Protection against retrospective punishment.
13. Protection against double punishment and self incrimination.
14. Inviolability of dignity of man, etc.
15. Freedom of movement, etc.
16. Freedom of assembly.
17. Freedom of association.
18. Freedom of trade, business or profession.
19. Freedom of speech, etc.
19 A. Right to information.
23. Provision as to property.
24. Protection of property rights.
25. Equality of citizens.
25 A. Right to education.
26. Nondiscrimination in respect of access to public places.
27. Safeguard against discrimination in services.
28. Preservation of language, script and culture.
PRINCIPLES OF POLICY
29. Principles of Policy.
30. Responsibility with respect to Principles of Policy.
31. Islamic way of life.
32. Promotion of local Government institutions.
34. Full participation of women in national life.
35. Protection of family, etc.
36. Protection of minorities.
39. Participation of people in Armed Forces.
The Federation of Pakistan
41. The President.
42. Oath of President.
43. Conditions of President's office.
44. Term of office of President.
45. President's power to grant pardon, etc.
46. President to be kept informed.
47. Removal or impeachment of President.
48. President to act on advice, etc.
THE MAJLISESHOORA (PARLIAMENT) Composition, Duration and Meetings of MajliseShoora (Parliament)
50. MajliseShoora (Parliament).
51. National Assembly.
52. Duration of National Assembly.
53. Speaker and Deputy Speaker of National Assembly.
54. Summoning and prorogation of MajliseShoora (Parliament).
55. Voting in Assembly and quorum.
56. Address by President.
57. Right to speak in MajliseShoora (Parliament).
58. Dissolution of the National Assembly.
59. The Senate.
60. Chairman and Deputy Chairman.
61. Other provisions relating to Senate.
Provisions as to Members of MajliseShoora (Parliament)
62. Qualifications for membership of MajliseShoora (Parliament).
63. Disqualifications for membership of MajliseShoora (Parliament).
63A. Disqualification on grounds of defection, etc.
64. Vacation of seats.
65. Oath of members.
66. Privileges of members, etc. Procedure Generally
67. Rules of procedure, etc.
68. Restriction on discussion in MajliseShoora (Parliament).
69. Courts not to inquire into proceeding of MajliseShoora (Parliament).
70. Introduction and passing of Bills.
72. Procedure at joint sittings.
73. Procedure with respect to Money Bills.
74. Federal Government's consent required for financial measures.
75. President's assent to Bills.
76. Bill not to lapse on prorogation, etc.
77. Tax to be levied by law only. Financial Procedure
78. Federal Consolidated Fund and Public Accounts.
80. Annual Budget Statement.
81. Expenditure charged upon Federal Consolidated Fund.
82. Procedure relating to Annual Budget Statement.
83. Authentication of schedule of authorized expenditure.
84. Supplementary and excess grants.
85. Votes on account.
87. Secretariats of MajliseShoora (Parliament).
88. Finance Committees. Ordinances
89. Power of President to promulgate Ordinances.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
90. The Federal Government.
91. The Cabinet.
92. Federal Ministers and Ministers of State.
94. Prime Minister continuing in office.
95. Vote of noconfidence against Prime Minister.
96. [Omitted by Substitution].
97. Extent of executive authority of Federation.
98. Conferring of functions on subordinate authorities.
99. Conduct of business of Federal Government.
100. AttorneyGeneral for Pakistan.
Provinces CHAPTER 1.
101. Appointment of Governors.
102. Oath of Office.
103. Conditions of Governor's office.
105. Governor to act on advice, etc.
106. Constitution of Provincial Assemblies.
107. Duration of Provincial Assembly.
108. Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
109. Summoning and prorogation of Provincial Assembly.
110. Rights of governor to address Provincial Assembly.
111. Right of Speaker in Provincial Assembly.
112. Dissolution of Provincial Assembly.
114. Restriction on discussion in Provincial Assembly.
115. Provincial Government's consent required for financial measures.
116. Governor's assent to Bills.
117. Bill not to lapse on prorogation, etc. Financial Procedure
118. Provincial Consolidation Fund and Public Account.
120. Annual Budget Statement.
121. Expenditure charged upon Provincial Consolidated Fund.
122. Procedure relating to Annual Budget Statement.
123. Authentication of schedule of authorized expenditure.
124. Supplementary and excess grant.
125. Votes on account.
127. Provisions relating to National Assembly etc., to apply to Provincial Assembly, etc. Ordinance
128. Power of Governor to promulgate Ordinances.
THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT
129. The Provincial Government.
130. The Provincial Cabinet.
131. Governor to be kept informed.
132. Provincial Ministers.
133. Chief Minister continuing in office.
136. Vote of noconfidence against Chief Minister.
137. Extent of executive authority of Province.
138. Conferring of functions on subordinate authorities.
139. Conduct of business of Provincial Government.
140. AdvocateGeneral for a Province.
140A. Local Government.
Relations Between Federation and Provinces
DISTRIBUTION OF LEGISLATIVE POWERS.
141. Extent of Federal and Provincial laws.
142. Subjectmatter of Federal and Provincial laws.
143.Inconsistency between Federal and Provincial laws.
144. Power of MajliseShoora (Parliament) to legislate for two or more provinces by consent.
ADMINISTRATIVE RELATIONS BETWEEN FEDERATION AND PROVINCES.
148. Obligation of Provinces and Federation.
149. Directions to Provinces in certain cases.
151. InterProvincial trade.
151. InterProvincial trade.
152. Acquisition of land for Federal purpose.
153. Council of Common Interests.
154. Functions and rules of procedure.
155. Complaints as to interference with water supplies.
156. National Economic Council.
158. Priority of requirements of natural gas.
159. Broadcasting and telecasting.
Finance, Property, Contracts and Suits
160. National Finance Commission.
161. Natural gas and hydroelectric power.
163. Provincial taxes in respect of profession, etc. Miscellaneous Financial Provisions
164. Grants out of Consolidated Fund.
165. Exemption of certain public property from taxation.
165 A. Power of MajliseShoora (Parliament) to impose taxation the income of certain corporations, etc.
BORROWING AND AUDIT
166. Borrowing by Federal Government.
167. Borrowing by Provincial Governments.Audit and Accounts.
168. AuditorGeneral of Pakistan.
169. Functions and powers of AuditorGeneral.
170. Power of AuditorGeneral to give directions as to accounts.
171. Reports of AuditorGeneral.
PROPERTY , CONTRACTS, LIABILITIES AND SUITS.
172. Ownerless property.
174. Suits and proceedings.
175. Establishment and jurisdiction of courts.
THE SUPREME COURT OF PAKISTAN
176. Constitution of Supreme Court.
177. Appointment of Supreme Court Judges.
178. Oath of Office.
179. Retiring age.
180. Acting Chief Justice.
181. Acting Judges.
182. Appointment of adhoc Judges.
183. Seat of the Supreme Court.
184. Original jurisdiction of Supreme Court.
185. Appellate jurisdiction of Supreme Court.
186. Advisory jurisdiction.
186 A. Power of Supreme Court to transfer cases.
187. Issues and execution of processes of Supreme Court.
189. Decision of Supreme Court binding on other Courts.
190. Action in aid of Supreme Court.
191. Rules of procedure.
THE HIGH COURTS
192. Constitution of High Court.
193. Appointment of High Court Judges.
194. Oath of Office.
195. Retiring age.
196. Acing Chief Justice.
197. Additional Judges.
198. Seat of the High Court.
199. Jurisdiction of High Court.
200. Transfer of High Court Judges.
202. Rules of procedure.
203. High Court to superintend subordinate courts.
FEDERAL SHARIAT COURT
203 A. Provision of Chapter to override other provisions of Constitution.
203 B. Definitions.
203 C. The Federal Shariat Court.
203 D. Powers, jurisdiction and function of the Court.
203 DD. Revisional and other jurisdiction of the Court.
203 E. Powers and procedure of the Court.
203 F. Appeal to Supreme Court.
203 G. Bar of jurisdiction.
203 H. Pending proceedings to continue, etc.
203 I. [Omitted.]
203 J. Power to make rules.
GENERAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO THE JUDICATURE
204. Contempt of Court.
205. Remuneration, etc., of Judges.
207. Judges not to hold office of profit, etc.
208. Officers and servants of Courts.
209. Supreme Judicial Council.
211. Bar of jurisdiction.
212. Administrative Courts and Tribunals.
212 A. [Omitted.]
212 B. [Repealed.]
CHIEF ELECTION COMMISSIONER AND ELECTION COMMISSIONS.
213. Chief Election Commissioner.
214. Oath of office.
215. Term of office of Commissioners and members.
217. Acting Commissioner.
218. Election Commission.
219. Duties of Commissioner.
220. Executive authorities to assist Commission, etc.
221. Officers and servants.
ELECTORAL LAWS AND CONDUCT OF ELECTIONS.
222. Electoral laws.
223. Bar against double membership.
224. Time of election and byeelection.
224A. Resolution by Committee or Election Commission.
225. Election dispute.
226. Elections by secret ballot.
227. Provisions relating to Holy Quran and Sunnah.
228. Composition, etc., of Islamic Council.
229. Reference by MajliseShoora (Parliament), etc., to Islamic Council.
230. Functions of the Islamic Council.
231. Rules of procedure. PART X Emergency Provisions
235. Proclamation in case of financial emergency.
236. Revocation of Proclamation, etc.
237. MajliseShoora (Parliament) may make laws of indemnity, etc.
Amendment of Constitution
238. Amendment of Constitution.
239. Constitution, amendment Bill.
241. Existing rules, etc., to continue.
242. Public Service Commission.
243. Command of Armed Forces.
244. Oath of Armed Forces.
245. Functions of Armed Forces.
246. Tribal Areas.
247. Administration of Tribal Areas.
248. Protection to President, Governor, Minister, etc.
249. Legal proceedings.
250. Salaries, allowances, etc., of the President, etc.
251. National language.
253. Maximum limits as to property, etc.
255. Oath of Office.
256. Private armies forbidden.
258. Government of territories outside Provinces.
262. Gregorian calendar to be used.
263. Gender and number.
264. Effect of repeal of laws.
TITLE, COMMENCEMENT AND REPEAL
265. Title of Constitution and commencement.
267. Power of president to remove difficulties.
267A. Power to remove difficulties.
267B. Removal of doubt.
268. Continuance in force, and adoption of certain laws.
269. Validation of laws, acts, etc.
270. Temporary validation of certain laws, etc.
270A. Affirmation of President's Orders, etc.
270AA. Declaration and continuance of laws etc.
270BB. General election 2008.
271. First National Assembly.
272. First Constitution of Senate.
273. First Provincial Assembly.
276. Oath of first President.
277. Transitional Financial Provisions.
278. Accounts not audited before commencing day.
279. Continuance of Taxes.
280. Continuance of Proclamation of Emergency.
Election of President.
Oaths of Office.
Online Nikah / Marriage service provides even the bride or groom resides Read More
The Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961 introduced reforms regardingRead More
Property law is the area of law that governs the various form of ownership Read More
Our Proxy Marriage from Overseas Pakistani National.Read More
Christian Court Marriage Procedure in Pakistan.Read More